Mahwah Raiders Soccer Club (MRSC)
Parent Code of Conduct
It is expected that parents/guardians of players of the Mahwah Raiders Soccer Club shall conduct themselves in a manner that is of the highest standards while at training, practice sessions, games, tournaments or any other function or soccer event.
As a parent of a player for the Mahwah Raiders Soccer Club, I hereby pledge to provide support, care and encouragement for my child and promise to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and opposing players, coaches and teams.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win, remembering that the game is for the children and not for the adults.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches, trainers and officials who are working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol and tobacco free sports environment for my child and all children, and agree to assist by refraining from their use at any Mahwah Raiders soccer fields.
- I will do my best to make this sports activity fun for my child and all participating children.
- I will ask my child to treat all players, coaches, trainers and officials with respect.
- I agree not to stand near the training and/or practice area and will maintain a distance of approximately 100 yards away from training and/or practice activities so as not to cause a distraction.
- I will not approach the trainers or coaches with an impending issue before; during or after a training session and/or games unless prior, mutually agreed upon arrangements have been made.
- Allow at least 24 hours after a game to approach any trainer or manager to discuss any issues related to the game.
- I will not coach any player or interfere with any coaching activities during the training/ practice sessions or games; this includes telling any player what to do when they have the ball (pass, shoot, etc.) NO COACHING FROM THE SIDELINE.
- I agree not to criticize or make any disparaging comments about any player, coach or official during training/practice sessions or games.
- Parents are not permitted to approach current Mahwah Raiders players for the purpose of recruiting or poaching. Any player or parent found to be actively recruiting MRSC players to transfer to another soccer organization will be suspended for a minimum of one year and may be further disciplined by the Board of Directors.
- I agree not to criticize the Mahwah Raiders Soccer Club in a public forum; instead I will submit my concerns via email directly to the appropriate Director of Coaching, Josh Kenworthy and the VP of Boys/Girls.
- I will make every effort to ensure that my child:
ü Attends practice/training when scheduled or will provide 24 hour notice of impending absence.
ü Is at practice and ready to start at the scheduled time.
ü Notifies the coach at least 48 hours in advance if the player will miss a game (excludes cases of illness and family emergencies). TeamSnap is your best friend.
- I am also responsible for the behavior of any guest that I may bring to any team activity.
Parents or Guardians registering their players with the Mahwah Raiders Soccer Club agree to the above Parents Code of Conduct and understand that my (our) failure to uphold any of these statements may result in disciplinary action by the Board of Directors or the Coaches, which may include, but is not limited to, monetary sanctions and/or the forfeiture of my (our) right to attend and watch my child participate in any training, practice sessions, game, tournament, or any other Club function or event.
Questions? email: email@example.com